May 23 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Younes Kaboul denies rumours of exit plan
Younes Kaboul says he is happy to stay at Tottenham Hotspur despite reports suggesting he could be looking for a move away after the club failed to qualify for the Champions League.
Spurs finished in the Premier League top four last season but Chelsea – who finished fifth – won the European Cup to take the place of their north London rivals in the continent’s premier competition.
Since then Harry Redknapp’s reign as manager came to an end with former Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas taking over at White Hart Lane.
And with four years left to run on his contract, France international Kaboul has revealed he wants to play a part in the new regime.
“Could missing out on the Champions League see me move? It would be very difficult for me to do so,” Kaboul told L’Equipe.
“I have four years remaining on my contract at Tottenham and, more importantly, I am happy here, and in England.
“There is a new challenge here and a new coach who has been working very well.
“He has his views on how he wants us to play and considering the players we have here, I am sure it will work.”