In Case You Missed It: The Saturday Six
PUBLISHED: 07:00 03 December 2016
PA Wire/PA Images
A look back at some of our stories over the past week
It has been another busy week of sport across our corner of East London and Essex and, in a new feature, we take a look at some of our favourite stories from our editions over the past seven days in The Saturday Six.
A typical week can see our team reporting on anything from athletics, basketball, cricket, darts, football, hockey, ice hockey, karate, rugby, swimming, tennis and volleyball, from West Ham in the Premier League down to under-eights mini rugby in a local park.
But we always like to hear about any kind of sporting stories, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with your news.
1. Former Dagenham Boxing Club amateur Martin J. Ward successfully defended his British super-featherweight title at Wembley and told the Post he has set his sights on bigger prizes in the new year.
2. Newham’s district footballers earned a dramatic win in the National Cup and celebrated in style on the back page of the Recorder.
3. New Leyton Orient manager Andy Edwards told the Advertiser how he is hoping everyone at the club can pull together to get them out of trouble in League Two.
4. Eton Manor coach Jamie Connors tells the Wanstead & Woodford Recorder how he wants his side to stay focused in the run-up to Christmas.
5. Steve Philcox produces a silver lining at the Essex Cross-Country Championships in the Ilford Recorder.
6. London Raiders coach Alan Blyth discusses his two goalies and making more signings in the Romford Recorder.