Essex CCC fans needed for new book about what makes the Chelmsford-based club so special
PUBLISHED: 11:00 23 November 2017
©TGS Photo tgsphoto.co.uk +44 1376 553468
Paul Hiscock and Tony McDonald have joined forces to put together a lavishly illustrated book about Essex, but they need assistant from the fans
Essex CCC fans have been asked to help out with a new book celebrating all things great about the Chelmsford-based club, which is set to be published in April 2018.
Paul Hiscock and Tony McDonald have joined forces to put together a lavishly illustrated book which is aiming to list everything that makes the club so special.
Essex players past and present, members and other supporters will record and share their memories of watching their county favourites down the years.
Memorable moments, matches, batsmen, bowlers, wicket-keepers, all-rounders and fielders will all be included in the book.
Hiscock and McDonald are asking fans to answer 10 questions and the best responses will appear in the book.
So to get your family’s name in the book alongside some of the county’s best players, answer the following.
1. Why Essex? What, and who, led you to support Essex in the first place (please state Christian names of any family members, etc) and what do you recall from your first visit?
2. Memorable matches and moments. What stands out as your most vivid memory from an Essex game (s)? They could be unusual incidents, spectacular shots or catches, or perhaps something bizarre, amusing or controversial that you’ll never forget.
3. Favourite batting inning. Your most memorable display by an Essex batsman?
4. Favourite bowling spell. Your most memorable performance by an Essex bowler.
5. Favourite batsman. Your all-time favourite Essex batsman, and why?
6. Favourite bowler. Your all-time favourite Essex bowler, and why?
7. Favourite all-rounder. Your all-time favourite Essex all-rounder, and why?
8. Favourite overseas player. Your all-time favourite Essex overseas player, and why?
9. Your all-time Essex XI. Pick your greatest Essex team from those you have seen play?
10. Your favourite memories of Essex festival grounds of the past?
If you don’t want to answer all 10, then please answer as many as possible and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than December 31.
Alternatively, send them in the post to Tony McDonald (Essex CCC Memories), 103 Douglas Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1AW.