Welling want Orient ace to be with them for rest of the season
10:15 11 November 2015
Simon O'Connor Photography
Young midfielder has returned back to National League outfit after being recalled last week
Leyton Orient have allowed midfielder Harry Lee to go back to Welling United on-loan after recalling him last week.
Ian Hendon decided to bring the 21-year-old back to Brisbane Road ahead of their FA Cup first round tie with Staines Town.
Lee took a place on the bench against the Swans with Bradley Pritchard ruled out through suspension, but has now returned to the National League side.
He will be at Park View Road for another 28 days, not until January, and impressed last night (Tuesday) as they held in-form Forest Green to a 1-1 draw.
The O’s midfielder assisted Welling’s goal as he won the ball in midfield, drove at the opposition defence before passing to Michael Bakare and he lashed home.
But Green hit back eight minutes from time to earn a share of the spoils. Wings assistant coach Matt McEntegart revealed afterwards that the club want to keep Lee until the end of the season.
“We’ve pestered Ian Hendon at Leyton Orient and made phone calls about Harry, but there was nothing more we could do,” he told Kent Online.
“Then on Tuesday he rang out of the blue and said he wanted to help us and that we could have him until January. We’re hoping that we’ll be able to have him until the end of the season.”
The fact the O’s have allowed Lee to return to Welling suggests Hendon is confident he can bring more players to the club on-loan this week.
After Saturday’s win over Staines he confirmed the club were “looking to bring a couple in” and it would be a big surprise if the east Londoners didn’t announce some new loan signing before their match with Hartlepool United this weekend.