Film animator's vintage clothes in pop-up sale at Old Truman Brewery
- Credit: Denise Allard
A vintage pop-up shop for archive clothes and designer handbags collected by the late film animator Maria Manton opens at Old Truman Brewery next month.
Maria ran her award-winning animation company Slinky Pictures from Truman’s for ten years up to 2010.
This includes coats from the 1930s to 2020, retro prints, dresses, skirts, knitwear and collectable T-shirts, as well as designer handbags by Prada, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Vivienne Westwood and some quirky hats.
“Maria's big passion was fashion,” Her sister Denise Allard told the East London Advertiser. “It was Maria's wish that I sell her archive to raise funds for two charities that were close to her heart. We've already raised £20,000.”
Maria, who died suddenly at 55 in May 2020, was a creative director whose works include sequences for the animated Pond Life and Bunny and the Bull.
You may also want to watch:
Her last work was The Beatles’ Here Comes the Sun 2019 promo film for the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road.
The pop-up weekend shop runs September 3 to 5 at Dray Walk Gallery in Brick Lane, from 10am to 7pm.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 Red ants invade all six floors of Bromley-by-Bow block of flats