£10,000 reward as hunt for convicted Lerone Boye is stepped up in east London
- Credit: MPS
Police are offering a reward of up to £10,000 for information leading to the arrest of convicted murderer Lerone Boye in east London.
The 27-year-old is known to have links in Newham, Barking and Ilford.
He may still be in east London, detectives believe, after having absconding from the John Howard Centre in Homerton.
He was last seen on October 16 wearing a grey-blue sweatshirt with a grey vest and grey jogging bottoms, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Boye is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, slim build, with a distinctive horseshoe-shape scar on his right cheek and a gold tooth, short hair and a goatee beard.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced last December to 28 years for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford in August, 2011.
The public is being advised not to approach him, but to call 999. Anyone with any information about his whereabouts is also being urged to call police on 020-8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt