£10,000 reward as hunt for convicted Lerone Boye is stepped up in east London
- Credit: MPS
Police are offering a reward of up to £10,000 for information leading to the arrest of convicted murderer Lerone Boye in east London.
The 27-year-old is known to have links in Newham, Barking and Ilford.
He may still be in east London, detectives believe, after having absconding from the John Howard Centre in Homerton.
He was last seen on October 16 wearing a grey-blue sweatshirt with a grey vest and grey jogging bottoms, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Boye is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, slim build, with a distinctive horseshoe-shape scar on his right cheek and a gold tooth, short hair and a goatee beard.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced last December to 28 years for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford in August, 2011.
The public is being advised not to approach him, but to call 999. Anyone with any information about his whereabouts is also being urged to call police on 020-8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police