10 arrested across East End in hate crime raids
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End. Officers from Tower Hamlets police s community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday. The officers str
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End.
Officers from Tower Hamlets police's community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday.
The officers struck the homes of people wanted for domestic violence, racially aggravated assault and homophobic crime throughout the day from 7am and arrested a total of 10 people.
A 21yr old man from Bow has charged for a domestic assault and appeared in custody at the Special Domestic Violence Court at Thames Magistrates last Thursday. He has been bailed to attend court at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Four other men were cautioned for public order offences and the other five, who were arrested for a mixture of domestic abuse and racist attacks, were released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Police are urging anyone who is a victim of hate crime is urged to report it by calling 0300 123 1212 or to dial 999 in an emergency.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?