10 arrested across East End in hate crime raids
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End. Officers from Tower Hamlets police s community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday. The officers str
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End.
Officers from Tower Hamlets police's community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday.
The officers struck the homes of people wanted for domestic violence, racially aggravated assault and homophobic crime throughout the day from 7am and arrested a total of 10 people.
A 21yr old man from Bow has charged for a domestic assault and appeared in custody at the Special Domestic Violence Court at Thames Magistrates last Thursday. He has been bailed to attend court at a later date.
Four other men were cautioned for public order offences and the other five, who were arrested for a mixture of domestic abuse and racist attacks, were released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Police are urging anyone who is a victim of hate crime is urged to report it by calling 0300 123 1212 or to dial 999 in an emergency.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 9 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 10 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year