10 arrested across East End in hate crime raids
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End. Officers from Tower Hamlets police s community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday. The officers str
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End.
Officers from Tower Hamlets police's community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday.
The officers struck the homes of people wanted for domestic violence, racially aggravated assault and homophobic crime throughout the day from 7am and arrested a total of 10 people.
A 21yr old man from Bow has charged for a domestic assault and appeared in custody at the Special Domestic Violence Court at Thames Magistrates last Thursday. He has been bailed to attend court at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Four other men were cautioned for public order offences and the other five, who were arrested for a mixture of domestic abuse and racist attacks, were released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Police are urging anyone who is a victim of hate crime is urged to report it by calling 0300 123 1212 or to dial 999 in an emergency.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'