10 arrested across East End in hate crime raids
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End. Officers from Tower Hamlets police s community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday. The officers str
COPS arrested 10 people in a series of raids to crack down on hate crime across the East End.
Officers from Tower Hamlets police's community safety unit took part in a series of cross London raids as part of Operation Athena last Tuesday.
The officers struck the homes of people wanted for domestic violence, racially aggravated assault and homophobic crime throughout the day from 7am and arrested a total of 10 people.
A 21yr old man from Bow has charged for a domestic assault and appeared in custody at the Special Domestic Violence Court at Thames Magistrates last Thursday. He has been bailed to attend court at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Four other men were cautioned for public order offences and the other five, who were arrested for a mixture of domestic abuse and racist attacks, were released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Police are urging anyone who is a victim of hate crime is urged to report it by calling 0300 123 1212 or to dial 999 in an emergency.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel