11 in court on car crash’ fraud and conspiracy charges
POLICE have charged 11 men with fraud and conspiracy in East London in connection with motor insurance claims. It follows complaints from insurance companies concerning “crash for cash” allegations of minor accidents being used to make claims
POLICE have charged 11 men with fraud and conspiracy in East London in connection with motor insurance claims.
It follows complaints from insurance companies concerning "crash for cash" allegations of minor accidents being used to make claims.
The 11 appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court yesterday (Monday). They have been bailed to appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 18, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Those accused of both fraud and conspiracy are 24-year-old Sazzad Miah from Whitechapel, Milad Hussain, 23, from Dagenham, Mohammed Ilias, 20, from Barking, and Koyas Miah, 28, from Romford.
You may also want to watch:
Those charged with conspiracy to commit fraud are Injad Miah, 24, Noor Ahmed, 22, and Sanu Ahmed, 29, all from Millwall, Isle of Dogs, Mafizul Islam, 40, from Poplar, Dilwar Hussain, 21, and Iqbal Hussain, both from Dagenham, and Kosru Miah, 25, from Romford.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man