11 in court on car crash’ fraud and conspiracy charges
POLICE have charged 11 men with fraud and conspiracy in East London in connection with motor insurance claims. It follows complaints from insurance companies concerning “crash for cash” allegations of minor accidents being used to make claims
POLICE have charged 11 men with fraud and conspiracy in East London in connection with motor insurance claims.
It follows complaints from insurance companies concerning "crash for cash" allegations of minor accidents being used to make claims.
The 11 appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court yesterday (Monday). They have been bailed to appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 18, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Those accused of both fraud and conspiracy are 24-year-old Sazzad Miah from Whitechapel, Milad Hussain, 23, from Dagenham, Mohammed Ilias, 20, from Barking, and Koyas Miah, 28, from Romford.
You may also want to watch:
Those charged with conspiracy to commit fraud are Injad Miah, 24, Noor Ahmed, 22, and Sanu Ahmed, 29, all from Millwall, Isle of Dogs, Mafizul Islam, 40, from Poplar, Dilwar Hussain, 21, and Iqbal Hussain, both from Dagenham, and Kosru Miah, 25, from Romford.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'