Search

15-year-old Bow boy on murder charge after 'Facebook row'

PUBLISHED: 12:00 05 February 2010 | UPDATED: 15:34 05 October 2010

A SCHOOLBOY accused of stabbing a student to death after a row on Facebook will stand trial at the Old Bailey later this year. The 15-year-old is said to have murdered 18 year-old Salum Kombo in the street in Bow, east London, on December 20 last year. M

A SCHOOLBOY accused of stabbing a student to death after a row on Facebook will stand trial at the Old Bailey later this year.

The 15-year-old is said to have murdered 18 year-old Salum Kombo in the street in Bow, east London, on December 20 last year.

Mr Kombo, who was studying art at Tower Hamlets College, was stabbed in a basketball court off Chiltern Road, near Devons Road and staggered several hundred metres before collapsing near his home.

The 15 year-old, also from Bow, appeared in court for a preliminary hearing but spoke only to confirm his name. He cannot be identified because of his age.

He was remanded in custody and will return to court for a plea and case management hearing on March 24.

The Recorder of London, Peter Beaumont QC, set the three-week trial for May 10 this year.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the East London Advertiser