15-year old dies after being pulled out of canal
A 15-year-old boy has died after being pulled out of Limehouse Cut Canal yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Thomas Road at around 6.20pm yesterday evening following reports of a male in the water, a police spokeswoman explained.
The boy was taken to an East London Hospital were he died just after 8pm.
Next of kin have been informed.
A police spokeswoman said: Officers from Tower Hamlets are investigating the incident. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the marine policing unit attended the scene along with firefighters from Millwall fire station and paramedics from London Ambulance.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week