15-year old dies after being pulled out of canal
A 15-year-old boy has died after being pulled out of Limehouse Cut Canal yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Thomas Road at around 6.20pm yesterday evening following reports of a male in the water, a police spokeswoman explained.
The boy was taken to an East London Hospital were he died just after 8pm.
Next of kin have been informed.
A police spokeswoman said: Officers from Tower Hamlets are investigating the incident. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the marine policing unit attended the scene along with firefighters from Millwall fire station and paramedics from London Ambulance.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM