15-year old dies after being pulled out of canal
A 15-year-old boy has died after being pulled out of Limehouse Cut Canal yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Thomas Road at around 6.20pm yesterday evening following reports of a male in the water, a police spokeswoman explained.
The boy was taken to an East London Hospital were he died just after 8pm.
Next of kin have been informed.
A police spokeswoman said: Officers from Tower Hamlets are investigating the incident. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the marine policing unit attended the scene along with firefighters from Millwall fire station and paramedics from London Ambulance.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip