15-year old dies after being pulled out of canal
A 15-year-old boy has died after being pulled out of Limehouse Cut Canal yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Thomas Road at around 6.20pm yesterday evening following reports of a male in the water, a police spokeswoman explained.
The boy was taken to an East London Hospital were he died just after 8pm.
Next of kin have been informed.
A police spokeswoman said: Officers from Tower Hamlets are investigating the incident. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.
Officers from the marine policing unit attended the scene along with firefighters from Millwall fire station and paramedics from London Ambulance.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network