2012 Olympics park Orbit design on view
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it s now time for the public to have their say. The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it's now time for the public to have their say.
The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a caf� and is set to be one of the landmarks of the Olympic park.
Young people from the five host boroughs including Tower Hamlets are also having a get-together to talk about their ideas this month.
Drop in sessions are being held at Stratford shopping centre on Saturday July 10 from 9am to 5pm and at the Viewtube in Pudding Mill Lane on Sunday July 11 from 10am to 4pm to give the public a chance to find out more.
You may also want to watch:
The application can be seen at http://www.london2012.com/planning/ and comments should be sent in by August 10.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park