2012 Olympics park Orbit design on view
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it s now time for the public to have their say. The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it's now time for the public to have their say.
The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a caf� and is set to be one of the landmarks of the Olympic park.
Young people from the five host boroughs including Tower Hamlets are also having a get-together to talk about their ideas this month.
Drop in sessions are being held at Stratford shopping centre on Saturday July 10 from 9am to 5pm and at the Viewtube in Pudding Mill Lane on Sunday July 11 from 10am to 4pm to give the public a chance to find out more.
You may also want to watch:
The application can be seen at http://www.london2012.com/planning/ and comments should be sent in by August 10.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'