2012 Olympics park Orbit design on view
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it s now time for the public to have their say. The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it's now time for the public to have their say.
The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a caf� and is set to be one of the landmarks of the Olympic park.
Young people from the five host boroughs including Tower Hamlets are also having a get-together to talk about their ideas this month.
Drop in sessions are being held at Stratford shopping centre on Saturday July 10 from 9am to 5pm and at the Viewtube in Pudding Mill Lane on Sunday July 11 from 10am to 4pm to give the public a chance to find out more.
You may also want to watch:
The application can be seen at http://www.london2012.com/planning/ and comments should be sent in by August 10.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
- 10 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing