2012 Olympics park Orbit design on view
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it s now time for the public to have their say. The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a
THE PLANS for the controversial giant statue at the 2012 Olympic site have been submitted and it's now time for the public to have their say.
The 115m high �16 million Arcelormittal Orbit statue designed by Amish Kapoor will have viewing platform and a caf� and is set to be one of the landmarks of the Olympic park.
Young people from the five host boroughs including Tower Hamlets are also having a get-together to talk about their ideas this month.
Drop in sessions are being held at Stratford shopping centre on Saturday July 10 from 9am to 5pm and at the Viewtube in Pudding Mill Lane on Sunday July 11 from 10am to 4pm to give the public a chance to find out more.
The application can be seen at http://www.london2012.com/planning/ and comments should be sent in by August 10.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 9 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed