A man who carried out a spate of attacks on women in a 30 minute window has been jailed. 

Dylan Makepeace, 24 of Mile End Road, Mile End was sentenced today (November 30) to five years imprisonment, with an additional three on licence. 

The 24-year-old has also been added to the Sex Offenders Register for life, and was also issued with a Sexual Harm Prevention Order following his attacks on three women last year. 

Det Sgt Michael Dixon, who led the investigation, said: “Dylan Makepeace is very clearly a danger to the public and especially lone women.

"He was opportunistic and violent in his approach. He specifically targeted women as they returned home and entered private residential areas to carry out his attacks.

“I want to pay tribute to the bravery of these three women. They all showed incredible fortitude as they supported our investigation.

East London Advertiser: The 24-year-old has been sentenced to five years imprisonment with an additional three on license. The 24-year-old has been sentenced to five years imprisonment with an additional three on license. (Image: Metropolitan Police)

"I am in no doubt that London is a safer place with Dylan Makepeace behind bars.”

Makepeace previously pleaded guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court to two counts of assault by beating, sexual assault on a female, intentional strangulation, and grievous bodily harm. 

His sentencing comes just over a year after his attacks that took place across a 30 minute period on November 27, 2022. 

Two women saw him behaving strangely near their home in Cleveland Way, Stepney at around 5.30pm.

Makepeace followed them into their residential block and onto their floor despite asking them how to get to a different floor. 

The women were then attacked and sustained cuts and scratches after being pushed to the floor by Makepeace. He fled the scene after one woman hit him with a phone. 

A third woman was attacked by Makepeace after he entered her apartment block in Cambridge Heath Road as she stepped aside to let him pass in the hallway. 

The 24-year-old instead grabbed her and put his hand over her mouth telling her to "shut up" when she attempted to scream. 

The pair struggled and fell to the floor where Makepeace proceeded to put his fingers down her throat and hit her head on the ground. 

The woman was sexually assaulted by Makepeace who touched her over her clothing and called her offensive names. 

She managed to fight off her attacker after hitting him with her keys and Makepeace fled after boys on bikes appeared outside the apartment block.

The boys followed him and detained him, flagging down police to arrest him.