Two men have been convicted after a man was stabbed to death following an argument at a takeaway near a nightclub.

Trei Daley, 26, of Bromley, was fatally stabbed near Colour Factory in Queen's Yard, Hackney Wick, on the morning of February 11 in 2023.

Yesterday (January 26) Christopher Appiah-Blay, 35, of Hackney, was found guilty of manslaughter at the Old Bailey.

Romford-based Mawien Mawien, 38, was found guilty of grievous bodily harm on the same date.

The pair will be sentenced at the Old Bailey at a later date, police added.

Detective Inspector Jim Barry, investigation lead, said: "This is yet another example of the devastation caused by carrying and using a knife.

"Appiah-Blay and a woman had become involved in an argument resulting in him becoming aggressive and throwing food over her.

"Trei and his friends became involved, trying to calm things down.

"Instead, Appiah-Blay and Mawien who had gone out armed with knives and stabbed the pair.

"Trei and his friend were unarmed. We recovered a wealth of CCTV that showed the terrible incident in full," he added.

RELATED NEWS - Hackney Wick: Colour Factory licence review after stab death

East London Advertiser: Trei was only 26 when he was fatally stabbed near Colour Factory nightclubTrei was only 26 when he was fatally stabbed near Colour Factory nightclub (Image: Met Police)

Police had been called at 4.30am on February 11 in 2023 to two people at an east London hospital with stab wounds.

Trei died an hour later, despite the efforts of medics, and a post-mortem found the cause of death to be a stab wound to the chest.

His friend, aged 24, left hospital that day after being stabbed twice in the back.

Homicide detectives found out that Trei was stabbed near Colour Factory nightclub.

He and his friend had been at the club and CCTV showed Trei and Appiah-Blay passing each other that evening.

They left at around 4am and went to a nearby takeaway where Appiah-Blay argued with a woman.

They exchanged insults and pushed and shoved each other.

Appiah-Blay complained she had spat at him and threw a drink at her, some of the contents striking Trei and his friend, and then a burger.

Trei told Appiah-Blay to calm down but tensions grew and a fight soon broke out.

Though CCTV showed Trei had struck the first blow against another man, Appiah-Blay and Mawien instantly produced knives.

The fight moved to an alleyway, where CCTV captured the two parties retreating and advancing as the dynamic shifted.

One of Trei's friends had struck Appiah-Blay over the head with a bottle.

The fight then burst out back into the road and Mawien stabbed Trei's friend in the back.

Seconds later Appiah-Blay stabbed Trei twice in the chest.

Trei was helped into a car by a man who had seen what happened and they drove to the hospital.

Tragically Trei could not be saved.

Appiah-Blay went to another hospital for treatment to a hand injury and staff called police but he refused to engage with officers.

He was traced to an address in Edmonton and arrested on suspicion of murder on February 13 in 2023.

When police searched his home, officers found a receipt for the takeaway restaurant where the fight had broken out.

It was dated February 11 in 2023 at 4.04am.

Mawien was arrested on February 23 as he tried to get into a taxi.

Both Appiah-Blay and Mawien were charged with murder soon after their arrest.

“Trei was a loving father, son, brother, cousin and friend to many. His death is, and will continue to be devastating for them all," Det. Insp. Berry said.