2nd man held after suspicious Shadwell Basin drowning
A SECOND man has been arrested in connection with the suspicious death of 20-year-old Ibrahim Gharib at Shadwell Basin in East London. The 22-year-old was arrested yesterday afternoon (March 22) and is currently in custody
A SECOND man has been arrested in connection with the suspicious death of 20-year-old Ibrahim Gharib at Shadwell Basin in East London.
The 22-year-old was arrested yesterday afternoon (March 22) and is currently in custody at an East London police station.
A 20-year-old was arrested at his home in East London on Friday and later bailed to return on April 15.
Police were called at 9.37pm last Thursday when a man was reported to have fallen in the Shadwell Basin at Garnet Street in Wapping.
You may also want to watch:
The Fire Brigade and police launch on the Thames were also at the scene, but Ibrahim’s body wasn’t recovered till the next day, 12 hours later. A post-mortem gave cause of death as drowning.
A 17-year-old girl had been on the quayside and might have become involved in an altercation with others, detectives believe.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
Detectives are treating the death as suspicious and are appealing for anyone who was in Garnet Street last Thursday evening or anyone with information to contact the Homicide and Serious Crime Command Incident Room on 020-8345 3734, or anonymously to Crimestoppers 0800-555111.