30 held so far in cop raids targeting sex and hate’ crime
POLICE are carrying out a series of raids across London today to crack down on hate’ and domestic crime. By lunchtime, some 30 arrests had been made for a range of offences including domestic violence, homophobic and race hate crime
POLICE are carrying out a series of raids across London today to crack down on hate’ and domestic crime.
By lunchtime, some 30 arrests had been made for a range of offences including domestic violence, homophobic and race hate crime.
Cops are “proactively targeting dangerous and prolific offenders” as well as carrying out high visibility patrols.
Raids began at dawn and are continuing through the day in all 32 Metropolitan London boroughs as part of Operation Athena, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning.
The operation involves Neighbourhood teams including Tower Hamlets in East London as well as neighbouring Hackney, Newham and Waltham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Hate crime includes racist, homophobic and disability motivated crime, as well as crimes against adults at risk or old age pensioners even by members of their own family or their carers.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'