30 held so far in cop raids targeting sex and hate’ crime
POLICE are carrying out a series of raids across London today to crack down on hate’ and domestic crime. By lunchtime, some 30 arrests had been made for a range of offences including domestic violence, homophobic and race hate crime
POLICE are carrying out a series of raids across London today to crack down on hate’ and domestic crime.
By lunchtime, some 30 arrests had been made for a range of offences including domestic violence, homophobic and race hate crime.
Cops are “proactively targeting dangerous and prolific offenders” as well as carrying out high visibility patrols.
Raids began at dawn and are continuing through the day in all 32 Metropolitan London boroughs as part of Operation Athena, Scotland Yard confirmed this morning.
The operation involves Neighbourhood teams including Tower Hamlets in East London as well as neighbouring Hackney, Newham and Waltham Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Hate crime includes racist, homophobic and disability motivated crime, as well as crimes against adults at risk or old age pensioners even by members of their own family or their carers.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns