5 in court over kidnapped’ East End restaurant worker
FIVE people have appeared in court today (Friday) as the investigation continues into the suspected kidnap of restaurant worker Mahmood Ahmad from London’s East End. Mahmood’s family are still desperate for news of his whereabouts, exactly a month after his disappearance
By Keir Mudie
FIVE people have appeared in court today (Friday) as the investigation continues into the suspected kidnap of restaurant worker Mahmood Ahmad from London's East End.
Mahmood's family are still desperate for news of his whereabouts, exactly a month after his disappearance the night he left work at Whitechapel's Lahore kebab house in Umberston Street on March 7. His severed thumb was found days later in Ilford.
Detectives believe the 41-year-old was kidnapped from outside his family home in Watford.
You may also want to watch:
Five people appeared at St Alban's crown court in connection with Mr Ahmad's disappearance.
Arnold Yousaf, aged 18, from Cann Hall Road in Leyton, and 17-year-old youth, are charged with kidnap.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 8 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 9 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
Mohammed Riaz, 33, is charged with kidnap, false imprisonment, harassment and burglary.
Amirzada Hussain, 36, from Churston Avenue in Plaistow, is charged with conspiracy to falsely imprison.
Sharif Mohammed, 36, from Vista Drive in Ilford, is charged with false imprisonment.
All five were remanded in custody before another hearing on June 18. Four other people have been arrested and released on police bail.
Police renewed their appeal for information and asked anyone with information to call the incident room in Hertfordshire on 01707-355798, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.