£500 grants on offer to grassroots football teams in Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Rehan Jamil
Grassroots football teams in Tower Hamlets can apply for grants of up to £500 but the deadline is just a week away.
The grants can be used for a whole range of purposes, as long as the money goes towards promoting engagement in and access to grassroots football.
The grants are funded by money raised through the 2017 Mayor’s Cup football tournament, an annual football tournament between teams in the borough.
The window for applications opened last week and closes on January 19 so clubs and organisations are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Last year 23 football clubs were awarded a grant.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Abdul Mukit, cabinet member for culture and youth, said: “This is a great opportunity for football clubs in the area to benefit from the Mayor’s support through this grant.
“The football tournament helps keep people healthy, while striving for success and fostering future stars.”
For more information and to apply visit here.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning