6th youth charged with East London murder after house party
A SIXTH youth has been charged today (Thursday) with the murder of 20-year-old David Cauchi-Lechmere in Beckton on 11 July Lechmere in East London last month. He is 19-year-old Jerome Taylor, who is due before Stratford magistrates next Friday
A SIXTH youth has been charged today (Thursday) with the murder of 20-year-old David Cauchi-Lechmere in Beckton on 11 July Lechmere in East London last month.
He is 19-year-old Jerome Taylor, who is due before Stratford magistrates next Friday (August 21).
David died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on July 11 after being impaled on a stake in the street outside a house in Beckton where he had been to a party.
He had just moved into his own flat in Cable Street in Shadwell after leaving his parents’ home on the Isle of Dogs.
Five others accused of David’s killing have already appeared in court. They are Lewis Wilson, 18, Losimba Yfeko, 19, and a 17-year-old who all appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on July 14, Matthew Ginesi, 20, who appeared at Barking on July 22, and Tobi Egunjobi, 18, who appeared at Stratford last Tuesday (August 4).
- 1 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 8 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 9 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
All five, who come from Beckton, and have been remanded in custody to appear for a pre-trial hearing at the Old Bailey on September 18. Four others remain on bail in connection with the inquiry.