New £95million Travelodge opens in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
A new £95million hotel has opened in Whitechapel.
To mark 30 years since Travelodge was founded, they opened their new “flagship” hotel in Middlesex Street today.
The hotel is a Travelodge Plus, meaning the hotel offers more choice on room size and features to guests than in other hotels owned by the company.
The 395-room hotel is the company’s largest to date and it will create 100 new jobs, according to Travelodge.
Travelodge managing director Paul Harvey said: “This opening, which is our 75th London hotel, celebrates how far the brand has grown and become symbolic in London for offering unbeatable value and making it affordable for business and leisure travellers to visit our capital.”
You may also want to watch:
The company, which has 550 hotels across the country, are looking for sites for 100 new Travelodge hotels to be opened in London within the next ten years, he added.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?