A-level results: Bethnal Green Biology student gets first university choice
- Credit: Archant
A biology student was celebrating today after finding out his A-level results at Bethnal Green Academy.
Muzakkir Hyder, 18, from Shoreditch, secured a place University College London to study pharmacy after achieving an A and two Bs in biology, chemistry and maths.
“I was hoping for it. I thought I’d have to go through clearing.
“My family are really happy. They were confident, but I was expecting the worst, because I think it’s better to be prepared. That way you’re more happy.”
Muzakkir said he couldn’t sleep the night before the results were posted.
You may also want to watch:
“I couldn’t sleep,” he said. “I woke up at about 5.30am and couldn’t go back to sleep.”
Muzakkir, who has been at Bethnal Green Academy for seven years, said he hopes to become a pharmacist and is looking forward to starting at university.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
He said: “I visited UCL on an open day last year. It was really modern and completely different to school.
“They gave me an offer in December.”
Muzakkir added: “I couldn’t have done it without my teachers. If they weren’t here then I wouldn’t have got in.
“My chemistry teacher, Mrs Misra, she was super organised and she’s a super good teacher.”