A-level results: Bethnal Green Biology student gets first university choice
- Credit: Archant
A biology student was celebrating today after finding out his A-level results at Bethnal Green Academy.
Muzakkir Hyder, 18, from Shoreditch, secured a place University College London to study pharmacy after achieving an A and two Bs in biology, chemistry and maths.
“I was hoping for it. I thought I’d have to go through clearing.
“My family are really happy. They were confident, but I was expecting the worst, because I think it’s better to be prepared. That way you’re more happy.”
Muzakkir said he couldn’t sleep the night before the results were posted.
You may also want to watch:
“I couldn’t sleep,” he said. “I woke up at about 5.30am and couldn’t go back to sleep.”
Muzakkir, who has been at Bethnal Green Academy for seven years, said he hopes to become a pharmacist and is looking forward to starting at university.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
He said: “I visited UCL on an open day last year. It was really modern and completely different to school.
“They gave me an offer in December.”
Muzakkir added: “I couldn’t have done it without my teachers. If they weren’t here then I wouldn’t have got in.
“My chemistry teacher, Mrs Misra, she was super organised and she’s a super good teacher.”