A-level results: Great grades at George Green’s School
- Credit: Google Street View
Students from George Green’s School have been praised for their “richly deserved” success on results day.
Sixth formers at the school on the Isle of Dogs achieved an 85pc pass rate in the International Baccalaureate (IB), representing an increase of 76pc from IB students last year.
Over 70pc of A-level students gained at least one A*-A grade.
Almost all A-level business students passed the exam, with over a quarter of these results an A*-B grade.
Star pupils include former Young Mayor of Tower Hamlets Deng Yan San.
You may also want to watch:
She has been offered places at Clare College, Cambridge and King’s College, London to study law after she achieved 41 IB marks out of 45.
“Our students have worked incredibly hard this year and their success is richly deserved,” said headteacher Jill Baker, adding: “We wish everyone receiving their results today the best of success in whatever they choose to do next.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower