A-level results: Great grades at George Green’s School
- Credit: Google Street View
Students from George Green’s School have been praised for their “richly deserved” success on results day.
Sixth formers at the school on the Isle of Dogs achieved an 85pc pass rate in the International Baccalaureate (IB), representing an increase of 76pc from IB students last year.
Over 70pc of A-level students gained at least one A*-A grade.
Almost all A-level business students passed the exam, with over a quarter of these results an A*-B grade.
Star pupils include former Young Mayor of Tower Hamlets Deng Yan San.
You may also want to watch:
She has been offered places at Clare College, Cambridge and King’s College, London to study law after she achieved 41 IB marks out of 45.
“Our students have worked incredibly hard this year and their success is richly deserved,” said headteacher Jill Baker, adding: “We wish everyone receiving their results today the best of success in whatever they choose to do next.”
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 5 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 6 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 10 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener