A-level results: Record results at Mulberry School for Girls
- Credit: Mulberry School for Girls
The headteacher at Mulberry School for Girls has praised her students’ “outstanding” A-level results.
Dr Vanessa Ogden said the school achieved its highest A-level grades to date, with almost all grades at A*-E.
Over half of all 170 students taking exams at the school in Richard Street, Tower Hamlets, achieved grades A*-B, with 85 per cent at A*-C and 99.7pc at A*-E.
A spokesperson for the school said a “significant number” of students will study at Russell Group universities.
They include Jeba Ali, whose A* in psychology and two A grades in biology and chemistry will take her to University College, London to study biochemistry.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Manaal Chaiwalla be studying geography and economics at the London School of Economics, thanks to her A*AA grades in biology, chemistry and English literature respectively.
“Every girl who has done well has worked for her success and she thoroughly deserves her place at university,” said Dr Ogden, adding: “I would like to encourage all my students to take their rightful place in the world.”
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo