A-level results: Record results at Mulberry School for Girls
- Credit: Mulberry School for Girls
The headteacher at Mulberry School for Girls has praised her students’ “outstanding” A-level results.
Dr Vanessa Ogden said the school achieved its highest A-level grades to date, with almost all grades at A*-E.
Over half of all 170 students taking exams at the school in Richard Street, Tower Hamlets, achieved grades A*-B, with 85 per cent at A*-C and 99.7pc at A*-E.
A spokesperson for the school said a “significant number” of students will study at Russell Group universities.
They include Jeba Ali, whose A* in psychology and two A grades in biology and chemistry will take her to University College, London to study biochemistry.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Manaal Chaiwalla be studying geography and economics at the London School of Economics, thanks to her A*AA grades in biology, chemistry and English literature respectively.
“Every girl who has done well has worked for her success and she thoroughly deserves her place at university,” said Dr Ogden, adding: “I would like to encourage all my students to take their rightful place in the world.”
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?