A-LEVELS: Bethnal Green Academy gets virtual 100 per cent pass rate
- Credit: Google
Students at Bethnal Green Academy have achieved almost 100 per cent pass rate at A-Levels.
They got an impressive 99.7pc, with nine-out-of-10 successfully securing places at university.
Four-out-of-10 passed with top A*-to-B grades this year.
Undergraduate courses in medicine, biomedical sciences, dentistry and pharmacy dominate the list of degrees that students are going on to study at university.
Sixth Form director Karen McEwan said: “This is our most successful year with our Sixth Form students’ impressive dedication and commitment to their studies.”
You may also want to watch:
Sufiyan Mohammed has an A* in chemistry and a two As in biology and mathematics and goes on to east London’s own Queen Mary University to study Dentistry.
Abdullah Al Ruman got an A* in biology and two As in chemistry and maths and goes on to Imperial College London for Chemistry.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
Aaniash Anjum was one of five students to get AAB and is going to University College London for Pharmacy.
The BTEC Business Extended Diploma achieved an estimated ‘value added’ score above national averages for the second year running.
Five pupils achieved four grades higher than nationally-expected with Distinction—Alima Hamida, Adam Sowe, Fahmida Tasfia, Khadija Thalukdar and Faizah Uddin.