A-LEVELS: New Sixth Form at Poplar’s Langdon Park gets them to university
- Credit: Google
The new Sixth Form at Poplar’s Langdon Park Secondary in east London continued its successful run of high-grade A-Level results since opening its doors in 2013.
Every student who applied to university this year was successful in winning a place, like the first cohort to pass through.
Success stories included Mohammed Ahmed who got an A* and two As and is going on to the university of his choice.
The school now gets ready for next week’s GCSE results, following last year’s success when it went achieved 62 per cent pass rate at five A*-to-C grades including English and maths, improving by 16pc on 2014.
“We expect to go up a significant amount again,” an optimistic head teacher Richard Fitzgerald said. “This is our success in turning the school around and something we would like to celebrate.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fitzgerald took over the school in Bright Street, Poplar, in September 2013, when the new Sixth Form was set up.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
- 10 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff