A-LEVELS: Stepney’s Bishop Challoner ‘world class’ rated sixthform has best year ever
- Credit: Archant
The ‘world class’ rated Sixth Form at Stepney’s Bishop Challoner Secondary has recorded the best A-Level results in the school’s history, with many pupils leaving to go to top universities and some even to coach sport abroad.
Bishop Challoner has battled to maintain standards in the face of national concern over the result of curriculum changes at A-Level.
Many of its school-leavers are starting the next stage of their journey at some of the world’s top academic institutions.
Calum McCormick leaves Bishop Challoner with two A* and two A grades to read Ancient History at Exeter University.
“All the help I got at school has been really incredible,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Chinenye Anene got three As at ‘Advance’ level and is going on to read psychology at Birmingham University. Andrius Falkauskas has won a scholarship to Kent University.
BTEC students in particular have had a good year, in which the Sixth Form was awarded the ‘World Class Schools’ quality mark which accredits schools that ‘move beyond outstanding’. Bishop Challoner in the Commercial Road is one of few institutions in London to achieve this mark.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
The Sixth Form, part of Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools, is rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.