A tale of fashion - Style East blogging
HER story mirrors that of undercover artist Banksy and her work is so top-secret only a handful of friends and her mum know.
Jennifer, an anonymous 27-year-old finance worker with a love of fashion, spends her weekends capturing the most visually exiting fashionistas of our parts for her blog Style East.
Armed with a camera, she hunts down the wackiest looking people - particularly focusing around Brick Lane - to feature on her anonymous street style blog.
It started off as a hobby almost a year ago. Now, she gets a thousand hits a week and has been to exclusive London Fashion week shows to look for the most creative outfits.
Jennifer, from Stepney, said: “East London has its own identity specific to the area and all the creative things going on. It is totally unique. It can be the excellent vintage shopping, all the colours and patterns you find and the fact the area is such an arts hub. The outfits are fascinating.”
You may also want to watch:
Jennifer loves fashion herself but says her friends and city colleagues would be “shocked” if they found out about her secret hobby.
“I like the fact I have two completely different circles to mix in. I get the best of both worlds. I originally didn’t tell people because I didn’t think it would amount to anything. Now, my hits treble some days and I have no idea why. I am surprised I have managed to keep it quiet.”
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
Jennifer is also keen to follow the emerging trends blossoming in Docklands. “It has really come into its own recently,” she adds. “The city boys are starting to look very dapper in slim suits and big glasses. There is a fashion undercurrent there, it’s brilliant. I want to start expanding the blog further east and into Docklands more.”