A tale of fashion - Style East blogging
HER story mirrors that of undercover artist Banksy and her work is so top-secret only a handful of friends and her mum know.
Jennifer, an anonymous 27-year-old finance worker with a love of fashion, spends her weekends capturing the most visually exiting fashionistas of our parts for her blog Style East.
Armed with a camera, she hunts down the wackiest looking people - particularly focusing around Brick Lane - to feature on her anonymous street style blog.
It started off as a hobby almost a year ago. Now, she gets a thousand hits a week and has been to exclusive London Fashion week shows to look for the most creative outfits.
Jennifer, from Stepney, said: “East London has its own identity specific to the area and all the creative things going on. It is totally unique. It can be the excellent vintage shopping, all the colours and patterns you find and the fact the area is such an arts hub. The outfits are fascinating.”
You may also want to watch:
Jennifer loves fashion herself but says her friends and city colleagues would be “shocked” if they found out about her secret hobby.
“I like the fact I have two completely different circles to mix in. I get the best of both worlds. I originally didn’t tell people because I didn’t think it would amount to anything. Now, my hits treble some days and I have no idea why. I am surprised I have managed to keep it quiet.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
Jennifer is also keen to follow the emerging trends blossoming in Docklands. “It has really come into its own recently,” she adds. “The city boys are starting to look very dapper in slim suits and big glasses. There is a fashion undercurrent there, it’s brilliant. I want to start expanding the blog further east and into Docklands more.”