A102 Blackwall Tunnel closes Easter weekend to southbound traffic
The A102 Blackwall Tunnel is closed to southbound traffic over the Easter weekend as part of the ongoing refurbishment to the ageing northbound carriageway.
Drivers heading south are being diverted along the A13 to the Rotherhithe Tunnel which is operating two lanes southbound only, while the Blackwall Tunnel carries only northbound traffic.
The diversions begin 9pm Thursday, April 21, ending 5am Tuesday, April 26.
Other river crossings suggested include Tower Bridge and London Bridge, or the Dartford Crossing near Tilbury.
The Woolwich Ferry will also be operating a two-boat service on the Easter weekend, from 6.10am to 10pm on Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday, and 9am-9.30pm Easter Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The refurbishment of the mile-long northbound Blackwall Tunnel, first opened in 1899, is expected to be complete by December—one year ahead of schedule. Work completed so far includes new ventilation fans and lighting, upgraded CCTV and new communication systems.
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings