A102 Blackwall Tunnel closes Easter weekend to southbound traffic
The A102 Blackwall Tunnel is closed to southbound traffic over the Easter weekend as part of the ongoing refurbishment to the ageing northbound carriageway.
Drivers heading south are being diverted along the A13 to the Rotherhithe Tunnel which is operating two lanes southbound only, while the Blackwall Tunnel carries only northbound traffic.
The diversions begin 9pm Thursday, April 21, ending 5am Tuesday, April 26.
Other river crossings suggested include Tower Bridge and London Bridge, or the Dartford Crossing near Tilbury.
The Woolwich Ferry will also be operating a two-boat service on the Easter weekend, from 6.10am to 10pm on Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday, and 9am-9.30pm Easter Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The refurbishment of the mile-long northbound Blackwall Tunnel, first opened in 1899, is expected to be complete by December—one year ahead of schedule. Work completed so far includes new ventilation fans and lighting, upgraded CCTV and new communication systems.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Families tell developers what's needed on Poplar's Teviot estate at fun day
- 10 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing