A12 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach Road closed this weeekend
THE southbound lanes of the Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach Road will be closed on Saturday night. The A12 will be closed around the East India Dock Road flyover for 12 hours from 9pm on Saturday evening until 9am on Sunday morning for Transport for Lo
THE southbound lanes of the Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach Road will be closed on Saturday night.
The A12 will be closed around the East India Dock Road flyover for 12 hours from 9pm on Saturday evening until 9am on Sunday morning for Transport for London to carry out urgent resurfacing works.
The work, which TfL says is required to carry out repairs following the cold weather earlier this year, has been scheduled to coincide with the planned southbound maintenance closure of the Blackwall Tunnel this weekend.
Drivers who want to use the southbound Blackwall Tunnel up until the maintenance closure at 1am on Sunday morning will be diverted via Brunswick Road, along the A13 East India Dock Road, round the Canning Town Flyover and then back along the A13 to rejoin the Blackwall Tunnel Approach Road.
You may also want to watch:
After 1am drivers will need to use alternative river crossings.
Northbound traffic will not be affected by the works and Variable Messaging Signs will be placed on approach roads to make drivers aware.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
TfL has also rescheduled works further north along the Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach.
This means there will be a two lane southbound restriction between Gillender Street and Abbott Road.
By coordinating these works to happen at the same time, TfL says it is reducing the overall amount of disruption that would be caused.
Dana Skelley, Director of Roads for TfL Streets, said: "We have coordinated these works to coincide with an overnight maintenance closure of the southbound Blackwall Tunnel, and therefore prevent further unnecessary disruption to road users.
"We apologise to motorists and ask them to bear with us while these works are carried out. We will do our best to ensure that any disruption is kept to a minimum.''