A12 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach Road closed this weeekend
THE southbound lanes of the Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach Road will be closed on Saturday night. The A12 will be closed around the East India Dock Road flyover for 12 hours from 9pm on Saturday evening until 9am on Sunday morning for Transport for Lo
THE southbound lanes of the Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach Road will be closed on Saturday night.
The A12 will be closed around the East India Dock Road flyover for 12 hours from 9pm on Saturday evening until 9am on Sunday morning for Transport for London to carry out urgent resurfacing works.
The work, which TfL says is required to carry out repairs following the cold weather earlier this year, has been scheduled to coincide with the planned southbound maintenance closure of the Blackwall Tunnel this weekend.
Drivers who want to use the southbound Blackwall Tunnel up until the maintenance closure at 1am on Sunday morning will be diverted via Brunswick Road, along the A13 East India Dock Road, round the Canning Town Flyover and then back along the A13 to rejoin the Blackwall Tunnel Approach Road.
You may also want to watch:
After 1am drivers will need to use alternative river crossings.
Northbound traffic will not be affected by the works and Variable Messaging Signs will be placed on approach roads to make drivers aware.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 9 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 10 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
TfL has also rescheduled works further north along the Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach.
This means there will be a two lane southbound restriction between Gillender Street and Abbott Road.
By coordinating these works to happen at the same time, TfL says it is reducing the overall amount of disruption that would be caused.
Dana Skelley, Director of Roads for TfL Streets, said: "We have coordinated these works to coincide with an overnight maintenance closure of the southbound Blackwall Tunnel, and therefore prevent further unnecessary disruption to road users.
"We apologise to motorists and ask them to bear with us while these works are carried out. We will do our best to ensure that any disruption is kept to a minimum.''