A13 crash: traffic now on the move after 5-car pile-up at Canning Town
- Credit: Google
Traffic snarled up blocking the busy A13 into central London following a road crash on the Newham Way at Canning Town is now said to be clearing.
A collision involved about five vehicles on the westbound carriageway at the flyover junction with Prince Regent's Lane at around 8am, causing tailbacks five miles to the Ripple Road junction at Barking.
Two lanes were reported blocked by the incident while the crash vehicles were being removed.
But Transport for London says traffic is now moving, although slowly.
Police were called to the junction of Newham Way with Ripple Road in Barking following reports of an outbreak of fire.
You may also want to watch:
But they found nothing when a patrol arrived, Scotland Yard said this morning.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park