Abdal Ullah launches search for top 100 British Bangladeshis
- Credit: Archant
A project to find the top 100 Bangladeshis in Britain was launched by Stepney Green Cllr Abdal Ullah with a press conference in Westminster on November 4.
The British Bangladeshi Power and Inspiration list, now in it’s third year, includes a new People’s Choice category for people to nominate British Bangladeshis they consider “unsung heroes”.
Cllr Ullah, who founded the project, said: “I wanted to show the real talent and contribution of Bangladeshis as part of British society.
“I encourage everyone to nominate and get involved.”
The press conference at the Old Westminster Library in Great Smith Street, around the corner from the Houses of Parliament,
You may also want to watch:
featured Anne Main MP, chair of the all-party parliamentary group on Bangladesh.
People can nominate any British Bangladeshi over 16 until December 31, and the person who receives the most votes will feature in the list published in January 2014.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
For more information visit www.bbpower-inspiration.com.