Abdal Ullah launches search for top 100 British Bangladeshis
- Credit: Archant
A project to find the top 100 Bangladeshis in Britain was launched by Stepney Green Cllr Abdal Ullah with a press conference in Westminster on November 4.
The British Bangladeshi Power and Inspiration list, now in it’s third year, includes a new People’s Choice category for people to nominate British Bangladeshis they consider “unsung heroes”.
Cllr Ullah, who founded the project, said: “I wanted to show the real talent and contribution of Bangladeshis as part of British society.
“I encourage everyone to nominate and get involved.”
The press conference at the Old Westminster Library in Great Smith Street, around the corner from the Houses of Parliament,
You may also want to watch:
featured Anne Main MP, chair of the all-party parliamentary group on Bangladesh.
People can nominate any British Bangladeshi over 16 until December 31, and the person who receives the most votes will feature in the list published in January 2014.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
For more information visit www.bbpower-inspiration.com.