‘Kidnap’ police in public appeal to trace Abdur Rahat from Bethnal Green
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating an alleged kidnapping are looking for a man from Bethnal Green they want to question.
They are appealing to the public for information to help trace 23-year-old Abdur Rahat who the Flying Squad want to interview.
It follows an incident of February 23 when police received a tip-off about a possible kidnap around 5pm that day.
A fast operation was launched and the kidnap victim was said to have been rescued and was safe and well.
Investigators have now named Rahat, who turns 24 on August 24, for questioning. Detectives want to speak to anyone with information about his current whereabouts.
You may also want to watch:
Rahat is about 5ft 9ins tall and described as “very heavy build”. He has been known to live in Bethnal Green and has links to people in the district, according to Scotland Yard.
Police are appealing to anyone with information to call 101, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or go on Twitter @MetCC quoting 5750/28FEB. Crimestoppers also takes calls anonymously on 0800-555111, crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Illegal rave raided by police at disused railway arch in Bow
- 2 Food boxes 'only way to defeat Covid in lockdown' say Isle of Dogs volunteers
- 3 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Pandemic causing flight from east London to ‘Zoom westward’
- 5 Newly-appointed Leyton Orient manager Jobi McAnuff eager to get the place going again
- 6 Buddhist hails meditation as boost to lockdown mental health
- 7 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff set to make Clay captain for Grimsby clash
- 8 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 9 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 10 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago