Academy shortlisted for design and green’ award
A FINANCIAL academy on the doorstep of London’s Canary Wharf business district is up for a national design award. The National Skills Academy for Financial Services in East London, which marks its first anniversary this month, has been shortlisted for excellence in design’
A FINANCIAL academy on the doorstep of London’s Canary Wharf business district is up for a national design award.
The National Skills Academy for Financial Services in East London, which marks its first anniversary this month, has been shortlisted for excellence in design.’
The academy housed in the formerly Victorian grammar school listed building in Poplar opened its new facility last February following a �5 million refurbishment.
It is one of five further education’ establishments shortlisted by the Royal Institute of British Architects for its style of building which combines modern with 19th century architecture.
You may also want to watch:
The academy, part of nearby Tower Hamlets College, has also been nominated for a sustainability’ award, based on its re-use of existing materials, use of environmentally friendly and re-cycled materials and its green design. The award is being announced on March 31.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road