Academy shortlisted for design and green’ award
A FINANCIAL academy on the doorstep of London’s Canary Wharf business district is up for a national design award. The National Skills Academy for Financial Services in East London, which marks its first anniversary this month, has been shortlisted for excellence in design’
A FINANCIAL academy on the doorstep of London’s Canary Wharf business district is up for a national design award.
The National Skills Academy for Financial Services in East London, which marks its first anniversary this month, has been shortlisted for excellence in design.’
The academy housed in the formerly Victorian grammar school listed building in Poplar opened its new facility last February following a �5 million refurbishment.
It is one of five further education’ establishments shortlisted by the Royal Institute of British Architects for its style of building which combines modern with 19th century architecture.
You may also want to watch:
The academy, part of nearby Tower Hamlets College, has also been nominated for a sustainability’ award, based on its re-use of existing materials, use of environmentally friendly and re-cycled materials and its green design. The award is being announced on March 31.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?