Actor hopes first film for decades can put him in the limelight
An actor from the East End is hoping his first film for decades can thrust him into the limelight.
Nick Parkin, of Brayford Square, Stepney, is to co-star in The Medal, a dystopian horror set to premiere at Frightfest 2013 in Leicester Square next year.
His role as “Sergeant Death” sees him appearing alongside X-Factor star Tulisa Constotavlos’ controversial ex-boyfriend Justin Edwards.
Nick, 48, said: “I hadn’t done any acting in a long time, so of course this can give me a boost, because they were very happy with what I did on the film.”
However, his real passion is screen-writing, and he now has plans to produce a sitcom he wrote 20 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“I am more into writing. A company was going to run a sitcom I wrote 20 years ago, but they went bust and I put the script back into my briefcase.
“Sync Films were looking for a new project after filming The Medal, so, I thought I’d pitch the idea, and they agreed to produce it.”
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided