Advertiser in running for six awards
YOUR East London Advertiser has been shortlisted as weekly newspaper of the year again. The Advertiser won the award in its category last year in the UK Press Gazette Awards. The paper s staff have also been shortlisted in other categories. Gemma Collins,
THE East London Advertiser has been shortlisted as weekly newspaper of the year again.
The paper won the award in its category last year in the UK Press Gazette awards.
Now its staff have also been shortlisted in other categories.
Reporters Gemma Collins, Victoria Huntley and Julia Gregory have all been shortlisted as Weekly Newspaper Reporter of the Year.
Snappers Joe Greaves-Lord and Spencer Griffiths are in the running for the award as Weekly Photographer of the Year.
Sports reporter Jonathan Clegg is nominated as Weekly Sports Journalist of the Year.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 7 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 8 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
Our successful campaign to keep the Bancroft Archive & Local History Library open at Mile End has also made the shortlist for Campaign of the Year.
The newspaper has been established in East London for 122 years.