Advertiser in running for six awards
YOUR East London Advertiser has been shortlisted as weekly newspaper of the year again. The Advertiser won the award in its category last year in the UK Press Gazette Awards. The paper s staff have also been shortlisted in other categories. Gemma Collins,
THE East London Advertiser has been shortlisted as weekly newspaper of the year again.
The paper won the award in its category last year in the UK Press Gazette awards.
Now its staff have also been shortlisted in other categories.
Reporters Gemma Collins, Victoria Huntley and Julia Gregory have all been shortlisted as Weekly Newspaper Reporter of the Year.
Snappers Joe Greaves-Lord and Spencer Griffiths are in the running for the award as Weekly Photographer of the Year.
Sports reporter Jonathan Clegg is nominated as Weekly Sports Journalist of the Year.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Our successful campaign to keep the Bancroft Archive & Local History Library open at Mile End has also made the shortlist for Campaign of the Year.
The newspaper has been established in East London for 122 years.