Advertiser/Recorder snappers shortlisted for press award
- Credit: Archant
Two staff photographers working for both the Docklands and East London Advertiser and its sister title, The Newham Recorder, have achieved a remarkable double by being shortlisted in the prestigious Society of Editors’ Regional Press Awards 2012.
They will be going head to head as the two London Archant-published titles lead the way with two out of the five nominations in the Weekly Photographer of the Year category,
The national awards recognise brilliant journalism in UK local and regional newspapers both in print and online.
Snapper Joe Lord, a 24-year-old Stratford resident and his work colleague Isabel Infantes, 27, who lives in Hackney, will learn whether they have scooped the top prize at a lunchtime awards ceremony at the Savoy Hotel on May 17 hosted by broadcaster, Nick Ferrari.
More than 600 entries were received for the press awards which judge the best in written and pictorial news coverage, as well as design, campaigns and on-line journalism.
You may also want to watch:
Society of Editors executive director Bob Satchwell said: “These awards reflect and spotlight the tremendous journalism that can be found every day or every week across the UK in regional and local newspapers that represent their readers and serve their communities so well.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police
- 6 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis