Advertiser/Recorder snappers shortlisted for press award
- Credit: Archant
Two staff photographers working for both the Docklands and East London Advertiser and its sister title, The Newham Recorder, have achieved a remarkable double by being shortlisted in the prestigious Society of Editors’ Regional Press Awards 2012.
They will be going head to head as the two London Archant-published titles lead the way with two out of the five nominations in the Weekly Photographer of the Year category,
The national awards recognise brilliant journalism in UK local and regional newspapers both in print and online.
Snapper Joe Lord, a 24-year-old Stratford resident and his work colleague Isabel Infantes, 27, who lives in Hackney, will learn whether they have scooped the top prize at a lunchtime awards ceremony at the Savoy Hotel on May 17 hosted by broadcaster, Nick Ferrari.
More than 600 entries were received for the press awards which judge the best in written and pictorial news coverage, as well as design, campaigns and on-line journalism.
You may also want to watch:
Society of Editors executive director Bob Satchwell said: “These awards reflect and spotlight the tremendous journalism that can be found every day or every week across the UK in regional and local newspapers that represent their readers and serve their communities so well.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns