Aerial shots of 2012 Olympics to show IOC delegates
THIS is the massive 2012 Olympics site like you’ve never seen it before. The aerial shots of the stadium taking shape (pictured) were taken from a helicopter above East London to mark the progress of the work, to coincide with the International Olympic Committee’s visit this week
THIS is the massive 2012 Olympics site like you’ve never seen it before.
The aerial shots of the stadium taking shape (pictured top) and the Olympics Village (above) were taken from a helicopter in the skies above East London to mark the progress of the work now ahead of schedule.
Construction is under way on all the big five’ venues of the Olympics Park—the stadium, aquatics centre, village, cycle velodrome and media centre.
The images have been released by the Olympics authority to coincide with the International Olympic Committee’s visit to East London.
You may also want to watch:
“It is clearly visible how much progress has been made since the IOC visited last year,” said Olympics authority chairman John Armitt.
“The Stadium has already changed East London’s skyline. Now the Aquatics centre roof is starting to take shape and the first residential blocks for the Olympic Village are out of the ground.”
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
- 10 Air ambulance charity reveals number of east London call-outs in 2020
The IOC delegation arrived yesterday (Tuesday) on a three-day visit to see the progress on the ground on the huge site stretching from Hackney Wick to Stratford.