Aerial shots of 2012 Olympics to show IOC delegates
THIS is the massive 2012 Olympics site like you’ve never seen it before. The aerial shots of the stadium taking shape (pictured) were taken from a helicopter above East London to mark the progress of the work, to coincide with the International Olympic Committee’s visit this week
THIS is the massive 2012 Olympics site like you’ve never seen it before.
The aerial shots of the stadium taking shape (pictured top) and the Olympics Village (above) were taken from a helicopter in the skies above East London to mark the progress of the work now ahead of schedule.
Construction is under way on all the big five’ venues of the Olympics Park—the stadium, aquatics centre, village, cycle velodrome and media centre.
The images have been released by the Olympics authority to coincide with the International Olympic Committee’s visit to East London.
You may also want to watch:
“It is clearly visible how much progress has been made since the IOC visited last year,” said Olympics authority chairman John Armitt.
“The Stadium has already changed East London’s skyline. Now the Aquatics centre roof is starting to take shape and the first residential blocks for the Olympic Village are out of the ground.”
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
The IOC delegation arrived yesterday (Tuesday) on a three-day visit to see the progress on the ground on the huge site stretching from Hackney Wick to Stratford.