Ainsley Harriott will add some spice to Brick Lane cooking awards this weekend
Celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott will be on hand to add some spice to the launch of a new cooking award.
The Taste Brick Lane Awards will see some of London’s best curry houses put forward their signature dishes in a bid to claim the top prize this Sunday, March 23.
Food-lovers will be able to sample some of the famous lane’s cultural and gastronomic delights with discounts and exclusive deals from many of the local restaurants and entertainment from jugglers, dancers, face painters, henna artists and more.
The Ready Steady Cook star said: “Everybody loves good food — and I love it even more when things start to get a bit hot and spicy.
“That’s why Brick Lane is one of my favourite places, for its great food and its wonderful mix of fashion and culture. If you are looking to spice up your weekend you must come and join me on down Brick Lane.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards are organised by Tower Hamlets Council. Events are planned to run from 12pm to 4pm.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “We are committed to supporting our local businesses and it is my priority to promote our vibrant town centres, markets and unique attractions like Brick Lane.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
I am delighted that Ainsley is coming to our borough in what will be an enjoyable day for food lovers and families in Tower Hamlets and beyond.”