Ainsley Harriott will add some spice to Brick Lane cooking awards this weekend
Celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott will be on hand to add some spice to the launch of a new cooking award.
The Taste Brick Lane Awards will see some of London’s best curry houses put forward their signature dishes in a bid to claim the top prize this Sunday, March 23.
Food-lovers will be able to sample some of the famous lane’s cultural and gastronomic delights with discounts and exclusive deals from many of the local restaurants and entertainment from jugglers, dancers, face painters, henna artists and more.
The Ready Steady Cook star said: “Everybody loves good food — and I love it even more when things start to get a bit hot and spicy.
“That’s why Brick Lane is one of my favourite places, for its great food and its wonderful mix of fashion and culture. If you are looking to spice up your weekend you must come and join me on down Brick Lane.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards are organised by Tower Hamlets Council. Events are planned to run from 12pm to 4pm.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “We are committed to supporting our local businesses and it is my priority to promote our vibrant town centres, markets and unique attractions like Brick Lane.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
I am delighted that Ainsley is coming to our borough in what will be an enjoyable day for food lovers and families in Tower Hamlets and beyond.”