Alan Sugar goes in the hot seat at a Tower Hamlets school
BUSINESS mogul Lord Alan Sugar dropped in to an East End school today after receiving a personal invite from a pupil. The Apprentice star drove up Cheshire Street in Bethnal Green in his Rolls-Royce with the signature plate AMS1 after a pupil from Wil
BUSINESS mogul Lord Alan Sugar dropped in to an East End school today after receiving a personal invite from a pupil.
The Apprentice star drove up Cheshire Street in Bethnal Green in his Rolls-Royce with the signature plate 'AMS1' after a pupil from William Davies Primary asked him to visit so she could learn from his business expertise.
And Lord Sugar faced a grilling as around 50 pupils in Year 5 and Year 6 at the school in Cheshire Street put their questions to the multi-millionaire.
Zuhur Ahmed wrote to Lord Sugar as part of a lesson on persuasive writing and asked him to talk to her class as they had been learning about trading and finance and although she had "brilliant" teachers they were "not as good with money" as him.
You may also want to watch:
Her fellow pupils wrote to a host of different people, including the Queen and London Mayor Boris Johnson but Lord Sugar was the only person to agree to a visit.
He told pupils that it was the youngest audience he had spoken to as they asked him about the Apprentice programme, his role with the Government, his businesses and how many people he had fired.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
He told the audience: "If you want to take away the best tip from me then take in everything the teachers are talking about and absorb it all.
"I promise you in 20 years time you will say that silly man told you this and he was right.