Aldgate spa loses licence after claims that workers offered sexual services
- Credit: Archant
A spa in Aldgate where a masseuse allegedly told an undercover investigator she liked men who “whip me when I’m bad” has lost its licence following a series of sex stings.
The woman allegedly propositioned the undercover officer for Tower Hamlets Council as she was giving him a massage at Health One parlour on Middlesex Street, telling him she wanted a man to “throw me on the bed and whip me when I’m bad” before offering him a “sexy massage”.
Residents and councillors have campaigned over the last year for an investigation to be launched into their fears alleged sex shops in the neighbourhood were masquerading as massage parlours..
Residents raised concerns with Tower Hamlets over posts this summer on sex worker “review” site UKPunting, which described the spa as “worth checking out.”
Following a series of sex stings by council officers culminating this July, the spa lost its licence to offer massage services yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Haijun Zuo, director of the company that owns the spa, denied staff had offered sexual services this year.
Earlier this week he told the Advertiser: “I don’t want that going on in the shop. Things happened in the past and I didn’t know. We have a rule that it should not be happening.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
However, a report detailing the stings presented to Tower Hamlets’ licensing committee told how in June 2017 an undercover officer was led downstairs at the company’s spa by a woman for a one-hour, £50 massage.
He said she turned off the lights and used a mobile phone to light the room, before making the alleged whipping comments.
Three weeks later another council officer claimed he was offered a “happy ending” at the venue.
The UKPunting reviews sent to Tower Hamlets by residents led to another undercover officer visiting the spa this July.
He said an Asian woman wearing a “short and tight-fitting yellow dress” delivered a “thorough, high-standard massage”.
The undercover officer’s report said they “discussed the heatwave” and she complemented his physique before offering a “happy ending”. When he declined, he said the mood “turned frosty”.