All Points East 2019: Bon Iver join Chemical Brothers as second headline act to be announced
- Credit: Archant
The indie/folk band Bon Iver will close the second All Points East festival with a headline gig in Victoria Park on Sunday June 2.
Festival organisers AEG Presents have today unveiled Bon Iver as their second headline act, a week after they announced that The Chemical Brothers would open next year’s 10-day event.
The American five-piece – who have won two Grammy awards since their debut album For Emma, Forever Ago in 2007 – will bring down the curtain on the festival after performances from Mac DeMarco, First Aid Kit, John Grant, Tallest Man on Earth, Julien Baker, Snail Mail and KOKOKO.
Next year’s All Points East is the second of its kind, after the festival’s debut earlier this year drew big crowds who saw performances from the likes of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, LCD Soundsystem and The XX.
The festival sees two weekends of big name music acts bookending a free four-day community event with kids’ activities, outdoor cinema, street-food outlets and performances by local acts.
Last week’s first line-up announcement saw The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip and Primal Scream named as three of the performers who will get the festival up-and-running on Friday May 24. Details of further acts set to perform are still to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Bon Iver’s appearance at All Points East is the band’s biggest headline show to date. Hailing from Wisconsin, USA, the band fronted by Justin Vernon have released three albums in their time, with their 2016 record 22 A Million peaking at number two in the album charts. Known for songs like ‘Skinny Love’ and ‘Holocene’, the band also have three Brit Award nominations to their name.
Other stand-out performances on the final Sunday of the festival will come from Mac DeMarco – whose trademark style has been described as ‘jizz-jazz’ – as well as First Aid Kit, who first rose to prominence after their beautiful cover of Fleet Foxes’ Tiger Mountain Peasant. If you’ve not already checked it out, you can do so here.
An exclusive pre-sale for East London Advertiser readers who live in Tower Hamlets or Hackney – the two boroughs that border the park – will go live on Thursday at 9am. Go to axs.com/gazette and enter the password APEGAZETTE when prompted.
Regular tickets go on sale the following day.
- 1 Stepney Green hero volunteering seven days a week since pandemic began
- 2 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 3 Arrests as police step up drugs raids
- 4 Leyton Orient manager Jobi McAnuff admits they were second best in every area
- 5 'War of words' at Tower Hamlets cabinet meeting stops library closures
- 6 Why Tower Hamlets should be a 'royal' borough after Covid
- 7 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 8 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 9 Illegal rave raided by police at disused railway arch in Bow
- 10 It's a 'Setup' as East End gangsters in lockdown escape on screen