All Points East 2019: Bon Iver join Chemical Brothers as second headline act to be announced
- Credit: Archant
The indie/folk band Bon Iver will close the second All Points East festival with a headline gig in Victoria Park on Sunday June 2.
Festival organisers AEG Presents have today unveiled Bon Iver as their second headline act, a week after they announced that The Chemical Brothers would open next year’s 10-day event.
The American five-piece – who have won two Grammy awards since their debut album For Emma, Forever Ago in 2007 – will bring down the curtain on the festival after performances from Mac DeMarco, First Aid Kit, John Grant, Tallest Man on Earth, Julien Baker, Snail Mail and KOKOKO.
Next year’s All Points East is the second of its kind, after the festival’s debut earlier this year drew big crowds who saw performances from the likes of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, LCD Soundsystem and The XX.
The festival sees two weekends of big name music acts bookending a free four-day community event with kids’ activities, outdoor cinema, street-food outlets and performances by local acts.
Last week’s first line-up announcement saw The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip and Primal Scream named as three of the performers who will get the festival up-and-running on Friday May 24. Details of further acts set to perform are still to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Bon Iver’s appearance at All Points East is the band’s biggest headline show to date. Hailing from Wisconsin, USA, the band fronted by Justin Vernon have released three albums in their time, with their 2016 record 22 A Million peaking at number two in the album charts. Known for songs like ‘Skinny Love’ and ‘Holocene’, the band also have three Brit Award nominations to their name.
Other stand-out performances on the final Sunday of the festival will come from Mac DeMarco – whose trademark style has been described as ‘jizz-jazz’ – as well as First Aid Kit, who first rose to prominence after their beautiful cover of Fleet Foxes’ Tiger Mountain Peasant. If you’ve not already checked it out, you can do so here.
An exclusive pre-sale for East London Advertiser readers who live in Tower Hamlets or Hackney – the two boroughs that border the park – will go live on Thursday at 9am. Go to axs.com/gazette and enter the password APEGAZETTE when prompted.
Regular tickets go on sale the following day.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse