All Points East: Friendly Fires, Django Django, Young Fathers join Victoria Park festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Indie favourites Friendly Fires, Young Fathers, Django Django and Hookworms are some of the latest additions to the opening weekend of All Points East in Victoria Park.
They are among 20 newly announced bands and 14 star DJ acts – led by French electro stars Justice – who will support headliners Bjork, LCD Soundsystem and The xx at the new festival from May 25.
All Points East replaces Lovebox and Field Day from this year after promoters Goldenvoice UK and AEG Presents won an exclusive contract from Tower Hamlets Council to put on festivals in the park, which is on the Hackney border.
The Black Madonna, Hunee, Omar-S and Shanti Celeste will join the bill to play their only London summer festivals this year.
Friendly Fires’ show is part of a long-awaited return to music following seven years of near-constant hiatus, broken only by a one-off single and a handful of solo projects.
You may also want to watch:
Django Django are promoting their third album Marble Skies, which was released last week.
All Points East spans 10 days and includes a four-day community festival bookended by two long weekends of big name live music.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
Tickets are on sale now from allpointseastfestival.com, where you can also get full details of the lineup.
Keep an eye on our All Points East microsite for all the latest on the festival.