All Points East: Friendly Fires, Django Django, Young Fathers join Victoria Park festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Indie favourites Friendly Fires, Young Fathers, Django Django and Hookworms are some of the latest additions to the opening weekend of All Points East in Victoria Park.
They are among 20 newly announced bands and 14 star DJ acts – led by French electro stars Justice – who will support headliners Bjork, LCD Soundsystem and The xx at the new festival from May 25.
All Points East replaces Lovebox and Field Day from this year after promoters Goldenvoice UK and AEG Presents won an exclusive contract from Tower Hamlets Council to put on festivals in the park, which is on the Hackney border.
The Black Madonna, Hunee, Omar-S and Shanti Celeste will join the bill to play their only London summer festivals this year.
Friendly Fires’ show is part of a long-awaited return to music following seven years of near-constant hiatus, broken only by a one-off single and a handful of solo projects.
Django Django are promoting their third album Marble Skies, which was released last week.
All Points East spans 10 days and includes a four-day community festival bookended by two long weekends of big name live music.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 7 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 8 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
Tickets are on sale now from allpointseastfestival.com, where you can also get full details of the lineup.
Keep an eye on our All Points East microsite for all the latest on the festival.