All your council problems tackled—with one stop
TOWN Hall officials are meeting and greeting the public with a smile after reopening their refurbished one stop shop’ in East London. The new look’ centre provides council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids
By Danielle Myles
ANYONE popping in to complain about council services in East London now get a meet and greet the public’ routine.
Council staff have been told to greet people with a smile coming in to their refurbished one stop’ shop.
The new-look Bethnal Green centre provides Tower Hamlets council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids.
The facelift includes a redesigned open floor’ plan with floor walking’ council staff greeting the public in the reception area of the centre in Rushmead, off Bethnal Green Road, and directing them to the right desk.
One Stop’ shops offer different council services in one place, like paying in rent or dealing with benefits, council tax, jobs and parking.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 9 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Waiting times at the new-look’ centre are now said to be as low as three minutes, well within the authority’s 15-minute target.