All your council problems tackled—with one stop
TOWN Hall officials are meeting and greeting the public with a smile after reopening their refurbished one stop shop’ in East London. The new look’ centre provides council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids
By Danielle Myles
ANYONE popping in to complain about council services in East London now get a meet and greet the public’ routine.
Council staff have been told to greet people with a smile coming in to their refurbished one stop’ shop.
The new-look Bethnal Green centre provides Tower Hamlets council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids.
You may also want to watch:
The facelift includes a redesigned open floor’ plan with floor walking’ council staff greeting the public in the reception area of the centre in Rushmead, off Bethnal Green Road, and directing them to the right desk.
One Stop’ shops offer different council services in one place, like paying in rent or dealing with benefits, council tax, jobs and parking.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Waiting times at the new-look’ centre are now said to be as low as three minutes, well within the authority’s 15-minute target.