All your council problems tackled—with one stop
TOWN Hall officials are meeting and greeting the public with a smile after reopening their refurbished one stop shop’ in East London. The new look’ centre provides council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids
By Danielle Myles
ANYONE popping in to complain about council services in East London now get a meet and greet the public’ routine.
Council staff have been told to greet people with a smile coming in to their refurbished one stop’ shop.
The new-look Bethnal Green centre provides Tower Hamlets council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids.
You may also want to watch:
The facelift includes a redesigned open floor’ plan with floor walking’ council staff greeting the public in the reception area of the centre in Rushmead, off Bethnal Green Road, and directing them to the right desk.
One Stop’ shops offer different council services in one place, like paying in rent or dealing with benefits, council tax, jobs and parking.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
Waiting times at the new-look’ centre are now said to be as low as three minutes, well within the authority’s 15-minute target.