All your council problems tackled—with one stop
TOWN Hall officials are meeting and greeting the public with a smile after reopening their refurbished one stop shop’ in East London. The new look’ centre provides council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids
By Danielle Myles
ANYONE popping in to complain about council services in East London now get a meet and greet the public’ routine.
Council staff have been told to greet people with a smile coming in to their refurbished one stop’ shop.
The new-look Bethnal Green centre provides Tower Hamlets council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids.
You may also want to watch:
The facelift includes a redesigned open floor’ plan with floor walking’ council staff greeting the public in the reception area of the centre in Rushmead, off Bethnal Green Road, and directing them to the right desk.
One Stop’ shops offer different council services in one place, like paying in rent or dealing with benefits, council tax, jobs and parking.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
Waiting times at the new-look’ centre are now said to be as low as three minutes, well within the authority’s 15-minute target.