All your council problems tackled—with one stop
TOWN Hall officials are meeting and greeting the public with a smile after reopening their refurbished one stop shop’ in East London. The new look’ centre provides council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids
By Danielle Myles
ANYONE popping in to complain about council services in East London now get a meet and greet the public’ routine.
Council staff have been told to greet people with a smile coming in to their refurbished one stop’ shop.
The new-look Bethnal Green centre provides Tower Hamlets council services under one roof and even has a play area for kids.
You may also want to watch:
The facelift includes a redesigned open floor’ plan with floor walking’ council staff greeting the public in the reception area of the centre in Rushmead, off Bethnal Green Road, and directing them to the right desk.
One Stop’ shops offer different council services in one place, like paying in rent or dealing with benefits, council tax, jobs and parking.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
Waiting times at the new-look’ centre are now said to be as low as three minutes, well within the authority’s 15-minute target.