Police appeal to trace victims of alleged Poplar robbery
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives are appealing for the victims of an alleged robbery in Poplar to contact officers.
Police were alerted by a witness, who filmed the incident at around 6pm on Sunday, August 23 on the canal path outside Yeoman Court, Tweed Walk.
A pedal cycle was allegedly stolen from a male and a female, who were together, and Detective Constable Mike Bradley said he is keen to hear from these two people.
He added: “If you are the victims, or you think you know who they might be, please do get in touch.
“It is important that we take an account from them for future proceedings and we also need to make sure that they receive any support or advice they may need.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers have charged two males, 17 and 19, with robbery and they remain in custody.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting 6227/23AUG, email email@example.com, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or go to crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 9 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 10 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead