Police appeal to trace victims of alleged Poplar robbery
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives are appealing for the victims of an alleged robbery in Poplar to contact officers.
Police were alerted by a witness, who filmed the incident at around 6pm on Sunday, August 23 on the canal path outside Yeoman Court, Tweed Walk.
A pedal cycle was allegedly stolen from a male and a female, who were together, and Detective Constable Mike Bradley said he is keen to hear from these two people.
He added: “If you are the victims, or you think you know who they might be, please do get in touch.
“It is important that we take an account from them for future proceedings and we also need to make sure that they receive any support or advice they may need.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers have charged two males, 17 and 19, with robbery and they remain in custody.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting 6227/23AUG, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or go to crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Embleton 'frustrated' with late penalty which led to Bradford defeat
- 3 Leyton Orient boss Embleton not concerned about current formation
- 4 Why rogue East End landlords had to pay back £200,000 to renters
- 5 Leyton Orient slip down the table after late defeat to Bradford City
- 6 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 7 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago
- 8 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 9 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building
- 10 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl