Alternative Fashion Week at Spiralfields to raise cash for Barnardo's
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year s Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children s charity Barnardo s. Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year's Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children's charity Barnardo's.
Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it will highlight the most original and creative collections by a fresh crop of new and innovative designers.
Fashion shows and sideshows will be taking place every day until April 23 and thousands of people are expected to come and view the shows.
The event is open from 11am to 5pm, and the fashion shows take place between 1.15pm and 2.30pm, with 14 new young designers exhibiting their creations daily.
You may also want to watch:
As the main beneficiary Barnardo's will be collecting throughout the event as well as holding its own stall.
Fundraiser Wanda Pearce said: "We are excited to be involved in this year's event. It's all about giving creative young people a start in their chosen careers.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
"Barnardo's gives young disadvantaged people a belief in themselves so this show is an ideal place for us to spread our message.