Alternative Fashion Week at Spiralfields to raise cash for Barnardo's
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year s Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children s charity Barnardo s. Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year's Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children's charity Barnardo's.
Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it will highlight the most original and creative collections by a fresh crop of new and innovative designers.
Fashion shows and sideshows will be taking place every day until April 23 and thousands of people are expected to come and view the shows.
The event is open from 11am to 5pm, and the fashion shows take place between 1.15pm and 2.30pm, with 14 new young designers exhibiting their creations daily.
You may also want to watch:
As the main beneficiary Barnardo's will be collecting throughout the event as well as holding its own stall.
Fundraiser Wanda Pearce said: "We are excited to be involved in this year's event. It's all about giving creative young people a start in their chosen careers.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
"Barnardo's gives young disadvantaged people a belief in themselves so this show is an ideal place for us to spread our message.