Alternative Fashion Week at Spiralfields to raise cash for Barnardo's
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year s Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children s charity Barnardo s. Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year's Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children's charity Barnardo's.
Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it will highlight the most original and creative collections by a fresh crop of new and innovative designers.
Fashion shows and sideshows will be taking place every day until April 23 and thousands of people are expected to come and view the shows.
The event is open from 11am to 5pm, and the fashion shows take place between 1.15pm and 2.30pm, with 14 new young designers exhibiting their creations daily.
You may also want to watch:
As the main beneficiary Barnardo's will be collecting throughout the event as well as holding its own stall.
Fundraiser Wanda Pearce said: "We are excited to be involved in this year's event. It's all about giving creative young people a start in their chosen careers.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
"Barnardo's gives young disadvantaged people a belief in themselves so this show is an ideal place for us to spread our message.