Alternative Fashion Week at Spiralfields to raise cash for Barnardo's
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year s Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children s charity Barnardo s. Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year's Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children's charity Barnardo's.
Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it will highlight the most original and creative collections by a fresh crop of new and innovative designers.
Fashion shows and sideshows will be taking place every day until April 23 and thousands of people are expected to come and view the shows.
The event is open from 11am to 5pm, and the fashion shows take place between 1.15pm and 2.30pm, with 14 new young designers exhibiting their creations daily.
As the main beneficiary Barnardo's will be collecting throughout the event as well as holding its own stall.
Fundraiser Wanda Pearce said: "We are excited to be involved in this year's event. It's all about giving creative young people a start in their chosen careers.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 9 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
"Barnardo's gives young disadvantaged people a belief in themselves so this show is an ideal place for us to spread our message.