Alternative Fashion Week at Spiralfields to raise cash for Barnardo's
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year s Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children s charity Barnardo s. Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it
FASHIONISTAS flocking to Spitalfields Market for this year's Alternative Fashion Week will be asked to dig deep and donate to children's charity Barnardo's.
Alternative Fashion Week starts at eth market in Commercial Street on Monday and organisers hop it will highlight the most original and creative collections by a fresh crop of new and innovative designers.
Fashion shows and sideshows will be taking place every day until April 23 and thousands of people are expected to come and view the shows.
The event is open from 11am to 5pm, and the fashion shows take place between 1.15pm and 2.30pm, with 14 new young designers exhibiting their creations daily.
As the main beneficiary Barnardo's will be collecting throughout the event as well as holding its own stall.
Fundraiser Wanda Pearce said: "We are excited to be involved in this year's event. It's all about giving creative young people a start in their chosen careers.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Fire brigade raises concerns over 51-storey Canary Wharf tower plans
- 4 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 5 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 6 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 7 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 9 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 10 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
"Barnardo's gives young disadvantaged people a belief in themselves so this show is an ideal place for us to spread our message.