Angry neighbours set up blog in move to shut nightclub down
NEIGHBOURS are so furious with a nightclub they say is making their lives a misery that they have set up their own blog on the internet to vent their anger. They are calling for the club in London’s East End to be shut down
NEIGHBOURS are so furious with a nightclub they say is making their lives a misery that they have set up their own blog on the internet to vent their anger.
They are calling for the club in London’s East End to be shut down over claims about rowdy revellers.
The licence for Mango’s in Pennington Street, Wapping, is being looked at on Tuesday by the local authority following complaints from nearby families who say it is “a magnet for anti-social behaviour.”
NOISE AND DRUNKS
You may also want to watch:
The families say they are being kept awake until the early hours by noisy and drunken clubbers leaving the premises.
They are also left with litter and “pools of vomit” to clean up the next morning, they have told Tower Hamlets council.
The residents have become so fed-up they have even launched an internet blog to highlight their misery.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
Club bosses say they have done everything possible to curb the problems and want to work closer with neighbours.
But neighbour Rachael Lever said in a letter to the Town Hall: “The simple fact is that having a nightclub in this street attracts a level of disorder and crime before, during and after club hours that cannot be controlled or reduced by any means other than the closure of the club.”
Mango’s opened in 2006 and has hosted a string of top names including Bollywood superstar Shilpa Shetty, featured in Channel 4’s Big Brother controversy involving Jade Goody in 2007, and is a big favorite with the Asian community.
Tower Hamlets council’s Licensing sub-committee reviews Mango’s permit on Tuesday evening (April 28).