Angry neighbours set up blog in move to shut nightclub down
NEIGHBOURS are so furious with a nightclub they say is making their lives a misery that they have set up their own blog on the internet to vent their anger. They are calling for the club in London’s East End to be shut down
NEIGHBOURS are so furious with a nightclub they say is making their lives a misery that they have set up their own blog on the internet to vent their anger.
They are calling for the club in London’s East End to be shut down over claims about rowdy revellers.
The licence for Mango’s in Pennington Street, Wapping, is being looked at on Tuesday by the local authority following complaints from nearby families who say it is “a magnet for anti-social behaviour.”
NOISE AND DRUNKS
You may also want to watch:
The families say they are being kept awake until the early hours by noisy and drunken clubbers leaving the premises.
They are also left with litter and “pools of vomit” to clean up the next morning, they have told Tower Hamlets council.
The residents have become so fed-up they have even launched an internet blog to highlight their misery.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances
Club bosses say they have done everything possible to curb the problems and want to work closer with neighbours.
But neighbour Rachael Lever said in a letter to the Town Hall: “The simple fact is that having a nightclub in this street attracts a level of disorder and crime before, during and after club hours that cannot be controlled or reduced by any means other than the closure of the club.”
Mango’s opened in 2006 and has hosted a string of top names including Bollywood superstar Shilpa Shetty, featured in Channel 4’s Big Brother controversy involving Jade Goody in 2007, and is a big favorite with the Asian community.
Tower Hamlets council’s Licensing sub-committee reviews Mango’s permit on Tuesday evening (April 28).