Animal lovers turn out for Spitalfields’ Paw Pageant
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of animal-lovers turned out for a parade of pet pooches at Old Spitalfields Market’s annual Paw Pageant.
Dogs of all shapes and sizes congregated in the historic market hall with their owners for a celebration of all things canine.
Thousands of animal-lovers turned out to soak up the atmosphere at the pageant, which featured designer dog catwalks, a show of members of the public’s pooches, and a market selling unique accessories for pets.
All of the proceeds from the event, held on Sunday August 26, went to the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
Old Spitalfields Market’s events organiser Saskia Webster-Zazzi said: “Year on year the event proves to be a resounding success, bringing together dog lovers from all over London to the Spitalfields Community.
“We are pleased to work with Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, an amazing charity who on the day supported dog owners with advice and free micro chipping services.”
Please click on the link on the right hand side of the page for a picture gallery from the event.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?