Anti-terrorism exercises at the Olympic Village
Security teams have been carrying out anti-terrorism exercises at the Olympic Village.
The three-day drills at the Stratford site earlier this week involved the Metropolitan Police, other emergency services and the Ministry of Defence.
Police said the exercise was not held in response to any specific threat but was just part of their preparations for next year’s Games.
A spokesman said: “It was one of a series of counter-terrorism exercises involving the MoD, MPS and other emergency services.
“Itis the latest live play exercise to be held within an Olympic venue as part of our preparations for the Games.”
You may also want to watch:
A series of similar drills and safety preparations are being planned in the months leading up to the events.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Families tell developers what's needed on Poplar's Teviot estate at fun day
- 10 Leyton Orient without Tom James for trip to Port Vale