Anti-terrorism exercises at the Olympic Village
Security teams have been carrying out anti-terrorism exercises at the Olympic Village.
The three-day drills at the Stratford site earlier this week involved the Metropolitan Police, other emergency services and the Ministry of Defence.
Police said the exercise was not held in response to any specific threat but was just part of their preparations for next year’s Games.
A spokesman said: “It was one of a series of counter-terrorism exercises involving the MoD, MPS and other emergency services.
“Itis the latest live play exercise to be held within an Olympic venue as part of our preparations for the Games.”
You may also want to watch:
A series of similar drills and safety preparations are being planned in the months leading up to the events.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week