Anti-terrorism exercises at the Olympic Village
Security teams have been carrying out anti-terrorism exercises at the Olympic Village.
The three-day drills at the Stratford site earlier this week involved the Metropolitan Police, other emergency services and the Ministry of Defence.
Police said the exercise was not held in response to any specific threat but was just part of their preparations for next year’s Games.
A spokesman said: “It was one of a series of counter-terrorism exercises involving the MoD, MPS and other emergency services.
“Itis the latest live play exercise to be held within an Olympic venue as part of our preparations for the Games.”
You may also want to watch:
A series of similar drills and safety preparations are being planned in the months leading up to the events.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant