Antlers at the ready for Victoria Park charity run
Victoria Park runners will add a new piece of kit to their worn-out trainers, headbands and iPods to raise money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) next month.
The annual fundraising Reindeer Run on December 5 encourages entrants to don a pair of antlers as they sweat through a 10k run or take on a more relaxed 5k fancy dress fun run
The event, one of 13 taking place nationally, raises money for the RNLI’s volunteer lifeboat crews and lifeguards, who rely on voluntary contributions and don’t seek government funding.
Last year’s London run took place in Hampstead Heath and �115,000 was raised nationally.
RNLI mascot Rookie the Reindeer will also take part and there will be fun education activities and a ‘Name the Reindeer’ competition.
You may also want to watch:
Christina Tomlinson, RNLI’s London events manager, said: “The Reindeer Run in London is such a novel event.
“Last year’s run was a huge success so I am really hoping we can top that this year.”
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
Places for the 10k distance cost �12.50 and �10 for the 5k run.
To sign up, visit rnli.org.uk/reindeer.