Antlers at the ready for Victoria Park charity run
Victoria Park runners will add a new piece of kit to their worn-out trainers, headbands and iPods to raise money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) next month.
The annual fundraising Reindeer Run on December 5 encourages entrants to don a pair of antlers as they sweat through a 10k run or take on a more relaxed 5k fancy dress fun run
The event, one of 13 taking place nationally, raises money for the RNLI’s volunteer lifeboat crews and lifeguards, who rely on voluntary contributions and don’t seek government funding.
Last year’s London run took place in Hampstead Heath and �115,000 was raised nationally.
RNLI mascot Rookie the Reindeer will also take part and there will be fun education activities and a ‘Name the Reindeer’ competition.
You may also want to watch:
Christina Tomlinson, RNLI’s London events manager, said: “The Reindeer Run in London is such a novel event.
“Last year’s run was a huge success so I am really hoping we can top that this year.”
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Places for the 10k distance cost �12.50 and �10 for the 5k run.
To sign up, visit rnli.org.uk/reindeer.