Antlers at the ready for Victoria Park charity run
Victoria Park runners will add a new piece of kit to their worn-out trainers, headbands and iPods to raise money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) next month.
The annual fundraising Reindeer Run on December 5 encourages entrants to don a pair of antlers as they sweat through a 10k run or take on a more relaxed 5k fancy dress fun run
The event, one of 13 taking place nationally, raises money for the RNLI’s volunteer lifeboat crews and lifeguards, who rely on voluntary contributions and don’t seek government funding.
Last year’s London run took place in Hampstead Heath and �115,000 was raised nationally.
RNLI mascot Rookie the Reindeer will also take part and there will be fun education activities and a ‘Name the Reindeer’ competition.
You may also want to watch:
Christina Tomlinson, RNLI’s London events manager, said: “The Reindeer Run in London is such a novel event.
“Last year’s run was a huge success so I am really hoping we can top that this year.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 5 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
Places for the 10k distance cost �12.50 and �10 for the 5k run.
To sign up, visit rnli.org.uk/reindeer.