Appeal for anyone who saw youth, 18, stabbed to death in street
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following a teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night. They were called at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following another teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night.
They were called by ambulance paramedics answering a 999 call at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki (pictured) was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital.
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Saturday established that Wahab, who came from Old Church Road in Chingford less than two miles away, died from multiple stab wounds.
Scotland Yard today appealed for “anyone who may have seen an altercation” in Shernhall Street before emergency services arrived at 11.30pm, or anyone with information, to contact the Homicide Command incident room under Det Ins Phil Rickells on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at an East London police station.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week