Appeal for anyone who saw youth, 18, stabbed to death in street
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following a teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night. They were called at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following another teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night.
They were called by ambulance paramedics answering a 999 call at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki (pictured) was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital.
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Saturday established that Wahab, who came from Old Church Road in Chingford less than two miles away, died from multiple stab wounds.
Scotland Yard today appealed for “anyone who may have seen an altercation” in Shernhall Street before emergency services arrived at 11.30pm, or anyone with information, to contact the Homicide Command incident room under Det Ins Phil Rickells on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at an East London police station.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances