Appeal for anyone who saw youth, 18, stabbed to death in street
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following a teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night. They were called at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following another teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night.
They were called by ambulance paramedics answering a 999 call at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki (pictured) was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital.
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Saturday established that Wahab, who came from Old Church Road in Chingford less than two miles away, died from multiple stab wounds.
Scotland Yard today appealed for “anyone who may have seen an altercation” in Shernhall Street before emergency services arrived at 11.30pm, or anyone with information, to contact the Homicide Command incident room under Det Ins Phil Rickells on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at an East London police station.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6