Appeal for anyone who saw youth, 18, stabbed to death in street
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following a teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night. They were called at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital
POLICE are appealing today for witnesses following another teenager stabbed to death in East London on Friday night.
They were called by ambulance paramedics answering a 999 call at 11.30pm to Prospect Hill in Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, where 18-year-old Wahab Zaaki (pictured) was found bleeding from several chest wounds. Wahab died on the way to hospital.
A post-mortem examination at Walthamstow Mortuary on Saturday established that Wahab, who came from Old Church Road in Chingford less than two miles away, died from multiple stab wounds.
Scotland Yard today appealed for “anyone who may have seen an altercation” in Shernhall Street before emergency services arrived at 11.30pm, or anyone with information, to contact the Homicide Command incident room under Det Ins Phil Rickells on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at an East London police station.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf