Appeal for mother after foetus is discovered in Tower Hamlets Cemetery
- Credit: Google
Detectives have launched an appeal in east London after a foetus was discovered at Tower Hamlets Cemetery.
They want to trace the women who they fear may need medical help and are urging her to contact them.
“We are concerned about the welfare of the mother,” a Met Police spokesman said. “We want her to contact us so she can receive the necessary medical treatment.”
The discovery of the foetus is currently being officially treated as “unexplained at this stage”, he added.
Police and an ambulance crew were called immediately to the cemetery park in Mile End, between Southern Grove and Hamlets Way off the Mile End Road.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for the woman or anyone who knows her to contact the Missing Persons unit at Limehouse police station on 020-7275 4589, or mobile 07799-737473, or even Crimestoppers anonymously or 0800-555111.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single